Elder Law encompasses several complex areas of the law which deal with planning for the future and taking care of family needs along the aging spectrum. The Lewis Hansen firm has members who can assist you with these issues.
- Traditional estate planning, including wills, charitable giving, trusts, and tax planning to minimize estate taxes
- Health and Long-Term Care Planning Public Benefits (including Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security)
- The conservation, disposition, and administration of an older person’s estate
- Special Needs Trusts
- Surrogate decision making including Durable Power of Attorney, Guardianship’s, and Conservatorship’s
- An older person’s legal capacity
- Probate and administration of estates
Our attorneys are well-versed in Federal and Utah laws and regulations concerning these issues. We can assist you and your family with estate planning through the use of trusts, wills, and specialized business entities. We can answer your estate planning questions with planning to minimize the effects of Federal and State estate taxes.
We provide assistance and direction in dealing with both physical and mental decline and disability issues. We have broad experience with durable powers of attorney, health care directives, guardianship, and conservatorship. We can answer your questions regarding public benefits planning with Special Needs Trusts, Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security.